Friday 22 June 2007

Remote control

When I first heard about smart homes, I was skeptical. Who would ever be so lazy as to get their butt off the couch and switch on the TV or the lights?? Switching off the stove by a remote control??? Open the bedroom door by clicking on the remote control??? People are just becoming smarter and lazier.

That was 10 years ago…

Now…I wished I was living in a smart home…. Where everything is wired up and I just have to carry a remote control. Or better, a voice command controlled house! That would be even super!

How I wished I had a remote control to turn on and off the stove while I was breastfeeding Emmet, so I could finish up my cooking and don’t burn the kuali.

How I wished I had a remote control to dim the lights in the bedroom, close the curtain and open the bedroom door while I carry the sleepy Emmet into the bedroom without a noise that would wake him up (like the squeaking sound of the door when opened!).

How I wished I had a remote control to switch on the washing machine because I forgot to switch it on and now I’m breastfeeding the unsettled Emmet and it would be another 15 minutes wasted before I could turn on the washing machine…that is if I remember to switch it on.

How I wished I had a remote control to switch on the TV and now I’m breastfeeding the unsettled Emmet and somebody else placed the TV remote control on top of the TV!!! And I am already in the couch with Emmet latching on me.

How I wished I had a remote control to browse the internet from the TV while I’m breastfeeding Emmet.

I am very forgetful…and so are hundreds more like me. Especially breastfeeding mothers. It would be a bless to live in a smart home so you can like… “Eeii…lupe la. Takpe….

No comments: