Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Another 2008 Tragedy

From The NST...

Woman dies in bid to avoid cow

KUALA TERENGGANU: A 26-year-old woman died of head injures on Sunday after an accident involving a cow in Marang.

Noradibah Othman of Kota Baru, Kelantan, died in the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital an hour after the 2am incident at Km46 Jalan Kuala Terengganu-Kuantan near Kampung Pasir Putih in Marang.She was a passenger in a car driven by her friend, Mohd Ridwan, 22, also of Kota Baru.They were on their way here from Dungun when the cow crossed the road.Ridwan tried to avoid the animal, but lost control of the vehicle, which skidded and turned turtle.

Ridwan was not injured.

Dibah was Rizal's cousin. We heard about the accident on last Sunday morning and by evening we received an SMS that she was gone.

Dibah left a mother, we call her Che Mah and now Che Mah has no one in this world except her adopted family. Rizal's grandmother took Che Mah as her adopted daughter when Che Mah was small. I didn't know and didn't think she knew or still have her real family. Rizal stayed with her grandmother, Che Mah and Dibah so he was very close to them. In fact closer than he is with his family.

Che Mah then got married and had Dibah before getting divorced a few years later. Then she got married again, only to get divorced for the second time shortly after because she didn't want to be apart from Dibah, or so Rizal said.

Then Dibah's father died when she turned 16, leaving her with her mother, the only real family she had. Rizal's grandmother passed away too and after he went to college it was just them two.

According to Rizal's mom, Che Mah didn't cry and looked calm and composed when Dibah died. But Rizal knew how Che Mah must have felt deep down inside because Che Mah once told him that Dibah was her jiwa, raga and jantung. Che Mah now has nobody that counts in her life, even though she still have her adopted family such as Rizal's mom who is the closest to her and my other ILs.

The first thing that came into my mind when I heard about Dibah was how Che Mah would take this. And somehow I suddenly think I want to have more kids immediately. I don't want to be left alone like Che Mah. That would be too painful.

Rizal and I couldn't sleep that night worrying about Che Mah. Che Mah dreamt about Dibah 3 days before she passed away. She found her in a plastic bag at the scene of the Bukit Antarabangsa landslide.

I am so thankful I at least had some chance chatting with her on YM.

And Dibah died on her 26th birthday. My Aunt bought her a cake during her tahlil in Kota Bharu.

This year has been soooo crazy.

Rest in peace Dibah...

No comments: